The "Shame of the Cross" and its Glory
This article series attempts to be a quite comprehensive overview and
interpretation of all the Bible and the Qur'an say on the topic
of the Crucifixion of Jesus, the Messiah: Whether it happened,
and what it meaning might be.
I want to deal with the topic in three main parts:
- Part 1:
The Message of the Prophets before Jesus
- Part 2:
The Teachings of Jesus himself and of his Apostles
- Part 3:
The statements in the Qur'an and final conclusions
Consequences: Where do we go from here?
Further material on the Cross of Christ is to be found in
John Gilchrist's responses to Ahmed Deedat under the titles
- The Crucifixion of Christ:
A Fact, not Fiction
- What Indeed was the Sign of Jonah?
- Another close look at the "Sign of Jonah" by me
responding to an Ahmadiyya on the Islamic newsgroup and complementing
the above by Gilchrist.
- "After 3 days" or "on the 3rd day"?
- Which Day Was Christ Crucified?
- Josh McDowell's debate
with Ahmed Deedat on the same topic.
- Dishonesty of the Qur'an:
Changing the significance of a word to change the whole Gospel
Paul invented modern Christianity including the crucifixion
seems to be believed by some Muslims ...
- Abdullah Smith's war against the Crucifixion:
Examining one Muslim's intellectual suicide mission
- Contemporary Scholarship and the Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ by William Lane Craig
- Easter: Myth, Hallucination, or History? by Edwin M. Yamauchi
- Evidence for the Resurrection by Josh McDowell
- Beyond Blind Faith by Paul E. Little
Easter and Jesus Christ's Death & Resurrection (frequently asked questions)
The Historical Veracity of the Resurrection Narratives (heavy)
- The Great Irruption
- The Work of Christ on the Cross
- Resources For Easter
(a comprehensive list of articles answering to various objections)
- The Crucifixion
- Did Jesus Really Die? -
- Did Jesus Really Rise from the Dead?
- The Shroud of Turin:
[1 (no pictures)],
- Newsgroup on the Shroud of Turin:
- Debunking the Shroud: Made by human hands (Seems to be decisive to me)
- The Trial of Jesus,
The Trial on Trial,
Jesus v. Sanhedrin,
- Pontius Pilate
Don't all the many conflicting theories about the events around the
"crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus" show that this is all a very
doubtful thing to start with?
And here a debate on this topic from the newsgroup:
Answering Islam Home Page